Health Science Teachers, UAE
AED11,998 (£2600 / $3200 TAX FREE / MTH) + accommodation allowance + other excellent benefits. See advert for more details.
United Arab Emirates
m2r Education have the following requirements for Health Science Teachers to teach Emirati students in in secondary technical schools across the UAE.
These technical schools have been established to provide young Emiratis with a senior high school education that has a focus on technical and technology education. In doing so,they provide students with an alternative choice to government and private schools.
The first school was established in Abu Dhabi in 2010/11 as a pilot for male students. In the current academic year, 2011/12, three further male schools opened in Al Ain, Ras Al Khaimah and Fujairah.
At the start of the academic year 2012/13 two additional boys’ schools were opened in Ajman and Dubai and three girls’ schools in Ajman, Al Ain and Abu Dhabi. The growing demand for vocational education has led to the opening of schools in Sharjah and Dalma Island.
- A new curriculum that covers a range of topics to include Health and Wellness, Psychology, Nutrition, First Aid and Safety, Disease Prevention, Dealing with Accidents and Emergencies.
- A highly practical and theoretical driven curriculum that recognises the value in developing the student as a whole.
- Students acquire health and life skills through a broad range of topics in order to avoid risk of injury to self and others, at home, school, and in the community.
- Students are enabled to comprehend the holistic concept of health and wellness and its relationship to a healthy lifestyle.
- Students will enhance their critical thinking and awareness about environmental hazards and their impact.
- Experience of delivering health science related topics (e.g. Health Promotion, Public Health, Nursing, Medical Sciences, Psychology, Human Anatomy and Physiology, Diet and Nutrition, Health and Social Care, Paramedic, First Aid) or other relevant subjects.
- 3 years relevant teaching experience within a secondary school
- Ability to use student centered teaching strategies
- Highly developed classroom management skills
- Sound problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to use Information Technology in the class room such as Smart board, ppt. MS Word, Spreadsheets and Database
- Ability to utilize and maximize web-based learning environments
- Health-related Bachelor’s degree or above (e.g. Health Sciences, Nursing, Medical Sciences, Paramedic Sciences, Emergency medical Technician (EMT), Health Promotion, Healthcare, Public Health, Nutrition, Health and social care).
- Max 55 years of age
- Experience in the Gulf region is an advantage.
- Native speaker of English
- Must not currently be in the UAE
- Competitive salary with basic salary of AED 11,998 (£2500 / $3300) per month TAX FREE and accommodation allowance that ranges from AED 7424 (£1500 / $2000) to AED 10400 (£2200 / $2800) based on LOCATION and FAMILY STATUS.
- Benefits include: FAMILY medical insurance, FAMILY airfare once a year to your home country and FAMILY visa
- Education allowance of AED 80,000 per family per annum (up to 3 children)
- UAE residency visa (government) status, renewed every 2 years
- Relocation Assistance: flights to UAE for family, hotel for the first 9 nights and relocation costs up to AED 20,000 (£4200 / $5400)
- Salary is paid for 12months during term of employment
- 42 days annual leave plus all UAE public holidays ( as per government directorate)
- End of Service Benefit (EOSB) as per UAE Labour Law
You will be work at one of these locations and you MUST be flexible with location.
- Abu Dhabi
- Ras Al Khaimah
- Al Baynounah ( Al Gharbia)
- Al Ain
- Umm Al Quwain
Aug 20 start dates.
For safeguarding purposes, a valid police clearance certificate / DBS is required, plus 2 professional references.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not been contacted within 5 working days of submission then please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.