The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (is a new regulation which replaces the Data Protection Regulation. The Regulation aims to harmonise data protection legislation across EU member states, enhancing privacy rights for individuals and providing a strict framework within which commercial organisations can legally operate. Even though the UK has expressed its intention to leave the EU in March 2019, the GDPR will be applicable in the UK from 25th May 2018. Furthermore, the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) has recently laid out its intention to continue with a similar level of regulation post March 2019.
The policy below lays out how GDPR applies to the way m2r Ltd handles your personal data. Our aim is to be responsible, relevant and secure when using your data. m2r Ltd specialises in the recruitment of teachers, trainers and other academic staff to organisations across the globe. Our expectation is that individuals giving consent share these aims and objectives. If this is not your expectation, please do not send your CV. Clicking consent before sending your CV indicates that you have read and understood the terms and conditions of the policy.
Please also be aware that for us to help you find a job, we will subsequently also ask for copies of your qualifications, passport, DBS / police clearance and references. If you do not wish to share this information, then please do not send us your CV in the first instance.
Please take a moment to read through what information we collect about you, who we share it with and how they might use it.
Who controls my personal data?
- The Data Controller is m2r Ltd. It is Registered in the UK Company Number 4152824 at Langham House, 128 Westgate, Wakefield, WF2 9SR, W.Yorks, UK
- The Data Controller’s representative is the Managing Director
- You can contact them at email@example.com
- You can call them on 0044 1924 201973
- m2r Limited is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office Certificate Number Z5625312
What is the purpose and legal basis of the processing?
- At m2r Ltd we will rely on your ‘consent’ to process personal data. This is defined by the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) standard of ‘consent’ as it’s legal basis for processing personal data.
- GDPR defines consent as ‘any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the data subjects’ (i.e. you) wishes by which he or she, by a statement or by a clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him or her’
- By agreeing to the consent box you have accepted that you understand and accept this as a valid legal basis for processing your personal data in connection with securing new employment for you.
- Your data will not be shared with any third parties without your prior knowledge.
What data will the Controller collect and process?
- The categories of personal data are your name, your job title, your email address and your home address.
- If you have agreed to allow us to find a new job for you then we will also hold your CV, copies of your passport, degree certificates, references relating to your employment history, plus other documents which we may ask for to allow us to professionally secure you future employment.
Who will have access to the data?
- The recipients of personal data are organisations which you have consented us to send your details to, in order to secure you a new role. These could be anywhere in the world, depending on your preference.
Will the data leave the UK? If so, what safeguarding measures are in place?
- m2r Ltd will send data outside of the UK as we are an international recruitment company. This data will only be sent to organisations where we have an existing recruitment contract in place and only to those where you have given consent. By agreeing to work with us, you agree that in order for us to secure you overseas employment, we will have to send your personal data outside of the UK.
How long will the data be kept for?
- We will keep your data until you ask us to remove. You may wish to hear about new job opportunities as you approach the end of your employment contract, plus we take pride in contacting our candidates to see how they are getting on in their new role. These are the only reasons why we keep your data.
- The data subject has the right to change their mind and withdraw consent at any point.
What are my rights?
m2r Ltd confirms the following rights to each Data Subject:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Head of HR, Qatar
UP TO QR22000 (£4700 / $6000) + EXCELLENT expat benefits!
m2r Education are working with a major international school in Qatar who need a Head of HR on a 2yr contract.
View Vacancy >
Technical Instructor (Inst/Elec/Mech) – Bahrain
UP TO 2500BHD (£5000 / $6600) /mth TAX FREE + expat benefits
We have an opportunity for a highly experienced Technical Instructor (Inst/Elec/Mech) to work at an oil & gas training centre in
View Vacancy >
Founding School Principal, Hanoi, Vietnam
(Negotiable), health insurance, visa, flights etc
m2r Education are working with this Vietnamese based, international school group who require a Founding School Principal to join asap.
View Vacancy >
m2r Education featured in the Digital Enterprise Top 100 special report
m2r Education have been featured in the Digital Enterprise Top 100 special report, showcasing businesses in the Leeds city region who have …
Read More >
m2r Education to offer award winning recruitment services to BSME Partners.
Current BSME Partner and multi award winning UK based education recruitment firm m2r Education, today announced the creation of a new …
Read More >
m2r Education to offer award winning recruitment services to COBIS Supporting Members
Current Supporting Member and multi award winning UK based education recruitment firm m2r Education, today announced the creation of a new …
Read More >
We are now offering our award winning services to ALL education technology and education resource companies!
If you are looking to hire then contact us now! Any role, any location.
Get in touch to find out how we can help...