Primary Teacher, South Korea
£31k - £38k ($39k - $48k) TAX FREE, furnished housing, return flights, pension, medical, work visa, schooling etc
m2r Education are currently looking for a Primary Teacher for a well established international school in South Korea, ideally with IPC experience.
It is a coeducational international school for children from Nursery to Year 11 (UK) or Grade 10 (US). They follow the International Early Years Curriculum (IEYC), International Primary Curriculum (IPC) and International Middle Years Curriculum (IMYC) as well as offering IGCSE classes to Yr 10 and 11. They are also opening Yr 12 AS level classes next academic year too.
The current school is 4 yrs old and has excellent facilities for up to 540 students. There are 27 classrooms, a gymnasium, a large library, a science lab, music and art rooms, dedicated play areas for older and younger children, outdoor footbal pitch, basketball court, running track, rooftop garden, parents lounge and a cafeteria.
Positions are open to anyone who meets the minimum criteria and comes with an excellent package which includes a competititve basic salary, fully furnished housing, annual summer flights and other usual expat benefits.
- Plan, teach and assess well-structured lessons
- Differentiate for different learning needs where appropriate, including learning support and English as an additional language
- Teach KS2 Primary using the IPC framework
- Report to, inform and engage parents regularly via class blogs
- Write 2 reports a year; arrange parent-teacher conferences and learner-led conferences and any other conferences required
- Lead 1 after school activity per week and duties at selected break or lunch times
Minimum criteria to apply:
- Fully qualified Primary teacher (degree and teaching qualification, or similar)
- At least 2 years primary education teaching experience, ideally IPC experience too
Ability to work independently as a year group teacher as well as collaboratively with specialist and learning support teachers and learning assistant teachers
Native speaker only
- 2 year contract (renewable)
- £31k - £38k ($39k - $48k) TAX FREE
- Fully furnished housing or allowance if preferred
- Annual summer flight + start and end of contract flights for family
- International relocation allowance of 1mKRW (£700)
- CPD allowance
- Medical insurance (Approx 6% of basic salary paid by teacher)
- Life insurance
- Work visa
- Schooling (75% for first 2 children)
- Paid leave in accordance with academic calendar
- Severance pay (for teachers who work for more than 1 yr)
- 1yr contract (renewable)
Start date end Aug / start Sept 2019
A current DBS and 2 references are required.