College Partner Dean (male), Madinah, Saudi Arabia
C. 30000SAR (£6200 / $8000/mth) +Single Accom, Medical, Flights, Transport, Visa
Higher Ed / Further Ed
m2r Education are seeking a male College Dean (partner) for an FE college in Saudi Arabia. ASAP start.
Working with the current College Dean, you will be responsible for overseeing the strategic direction of the campus including academic programming, operations and student services.
The Partner Dean will oversee the development and execution of the Campus Business Plan in effectively leading all relevant college departments supporting the active recruitment and successful retention of students in support of enrolment and budget targets. The Partner Dean will also work with their team to establish effective quality control measures and high academic standards, along with overseeing the execution of budget planning, budget management and evaluation of educational programs.
Essential Job Functions
- Works one-on-one with the Saudi College Dean and provides administrative direction and leadership.
- Leads and directs the development for policies and programs as they relate to students, faculty, and staff.
- Oversees the administration of financial matters, physical plant, College personnel and developments in technology and intra-collegiate programs.
- Oversees the selection of personnel for the College, and directs the work of and provides leadership for the improvement of employees.
- Develops and recommends the College budget within limits and college policies and procedures as established by the Advisory Board.
- Oversees the College’s operating budget and provides direction for allocation of funds.
- Manages the college in coordination with the College Dean, consistent with the college improvement plan.
- Provides mentoring and coaching in the area of problem-solving strategies and frameworks, leadership development, public speaking skills and best practices and task management.
- Employs participatory development and collaborative principles to enhance capability and transfer institutional knowledge as part of a wider change management process.
- Plans, develops and implements the College’s long- and short-term goals and objectives, organizational structure and staffing complement.
- Enhances community leadership by developing a well-founded understanding of the needs of the community and ensures that there is a strong working relationship between local business and industry local public and private and the College.
- PhD as a minimum
- Arabic / English fluency preferred
- Minimum 15 years of Senior Academic Leadership in a vocational setting
- Ability to demonstrate excellent communication, planning, problem solving and decision making skills
- Extensive Leadership and management (minimum of 15 years’ experience) within an educational setting, ideally in the FE or HE sector
- Extensive experience across college operations, specifically related to quality assurance, teaching and learning and/or student services/experiences
- Experience of managing the overall implementation of College improvement, Change management, OFSTED inspection standards, IT infrastructure development, A coaching and mentoring programme and TVET curriculum development
Ability to communicate complex ideas to speakers of Arabic with limited proficiency in English
To be able to present technical information in a non-technical manner.
- Ability to lead, manage and motivate teams
- Ability to demonstrate leadership and management skills to lead a culturally diverse personnel, and diverse vocational curriculum areas
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, employees, shareholders and the community
- Ability to create culture of innovation and have an effective response to change
- Prior work experience in Saudi Arabia or the GCC is preferred.
- C. 30000SAR (£6200 / $8000/mth) tax free
- Furnished accommodation
- Transportation to and from work
- Annual flight allowance
- Medical cover
- 30 days leave
ASAP start, contract until May 2020.