Operations Manager, Qatar
c. £100k + housing allowance, schooling, flights, medical, visa etc
m2r Education are working with this international school group who require an Operations Manager for a brand new British International School, ideally by March 2022.
You will be primarily responsible for the management and development of all non-academic related activities at United School International, Doha, covering Finance, IT and Facilities Management. Although much of the pre-opening work has been carried out by the start up team ahead of the school opening in August 2022, there will be opportunity to be involved in some exciting start up aspects as you lead the Operation and finance functions through the opening of the school.
The school is a result of a joint venture agreement between United Development Company, a highly successful Qatari public company and developer of the Pearl, and Orbital Education, a leading British education company specialising in delivering an enhanced English National Curriculum to an internationally diverse student population.
United School International will be the first school on the Pearl, a development built on land reclaimed from the Arabian Gulf connected to the city of Doha bay a four-lane causeway. Because of its position, its beautiful architecture and facilities, it is the most desirable location for both expatriate and local Qatari families in the city of Doha. There is a combination of spacious high-rise apartments and luxurious villas currently housing a population of 33,000. When finally completed in two years’ time this will have risen to around 50,000.
The school will accommodate up to 2,600 students from 3 to 18 years old and will become the second major school in the city of Doha to be established by Orbital Education. The Executive Principal will work with the Orbital team on all aspects of the pre-operational stages of development through to opening in August 2022.
The School will be linked, via the Orbital Education Group, to many schools across the globe, facilitating collaboration on an international scale, wider development possibilities, as well as enhanced opportunities for future International career development.
Experience / Qualifications
- Suitable professional qualifications in accountancy or business management are essential with further qualifications/experience in site management and/or Health & Safety being desirable.
- Significant experience in financial planning and control in a larger organisation, preferably previously within a school.
- Previous school start up experience is also desirable but not essential.
- Recent GCC experience and an understanding of Arab and Islamic culture.
- Experience of working as a member of a senior team with Board level experience desirable.
- Experience of working with external contractors to achieve the aims of the school and management of contracts to ensure we achieve value for money.
- Excellent skills in Financial Analysis with the ability to interpret and analyse data and act upon the information.
- Ability to work strategically and analyse issues then identify creative solutions.
- Strong organisational skills to prioritize work and manage time effectively particularly under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate in a professional and positive manner with all key stakeholders.
- Strong English language and clear communication is an essential requirement for this role, and applications from native-level speakers of English will be preferred.
- C. 25000QAR basic salary + 11000QAR housing allowance (100k TAX FREE total package)
- End of contract bonus
- 2 x return flights per year
- Medical cover
- Paid leave in accordance with academic calendar
March 2022 start date
For safeguarding purposes, a valid police clearance certificate / DBS is required, plus 2 professional references.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not been contacted within 5 working days of submission then please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.