Islamic Studies and Qatar History Teacher, Qatar
A highly competitive tax free salary + excellent expat benefits!
m2r Education are working with Al Khor International School, Qatar. They need an Islamic Studies and Qatar History Teacher for an August 2022 start. OPEN NATIONALITY.
Al Khor International School is a 4 to 18, co-educational and non-selective international school. Owned by Qatargas, the world’s largest producer of liquefied natural gas, AKIS caters primarily for the children of the company’s employees. They are one of the largest international schools in the Middle East with approximately 4,000 students across their British and CBSE curriculum schools. The school has exceptional facilities and is located in Al Khor Community, 40 minutes north of Qatar’s capital city Doha.
Over 4,000 students aged between 3 and 18 from 45 countries, are taught across five buildings, by a dedicated and skilled team of 500+ academic staff, and are supported by a team of more than 50 administrative staff.
They are seeking a caring and dynamic teacher of Arabic, Islamic studies and Qatar history for August 2022. The successful candidate will be an inspiring teacher with the ability to promote the personal development of students, and improve the standard of learning and achievement. Experience of teaching IGCSE Islamic Studies would be an advantage. This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly and welcoming community in one of the leading international schools in the region.
- Bachelor Degree in Arabic or Islamic Studies
- Teaching Certificate
- British international school / UK teaching experience to (i)GCSE.
- Experience of teaching the English national curriculum at the relevant level and subject
- Arabic fluency
- Please note that due to government requirements we can only consider applicants who are below 50 years old.
- Excellent TAX FREE salary
- Housing allowance
- Furniture allowance
- Economy airfare at the beginning and end of the contract
- Annual economy round-trip air fare paid as a flexible cash allowance to point of origin based on peak summer time fares.
- Reimbursement of local medical expenses for family
- Contribution towards excess baggage expenses.
- Free access to excellent leisure clubs, including restaurants, swimming pools, gymnasiums, squash and tennis courts, running track and playing fields.
- End of service benefits.
- High quality Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
- 2yr renewable contract
August 2022 start
For safeguarding purposes, a valid police clearance certificate / DBS is required, plus 2 professional references.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not been contacted within 5 working days of submission then please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.