Software Engineering Trainer (Ideally UK based, working from home)
c. £60k + share options
Higher Ed / Further Ed
m2r Education need a Software Engineering Trainer with python experience to deliver online tutoring for a UK company. ASAP start.
This UK based organisation exists to connect ambitious young people from all backgrounds with the brightest career opportunities. They partner with 250+ of the world’s leading employers (including the likes of Amazon, Google & Goldman Sachs) and support 400,000+ graduates as they move into the world of work.
They have recently lauched a training academy as part of their mission to train 100,000+ young people in technology and digital skills over the next five years.
They have purpose built a free-to-access training and development bootcamp that will train graduates to become Full Stack Software Engineers in order to help them secure their first jobs. Training of the first cohort of 50 learners started in February this year with many more planned.
Due to this expansion they need a Full Stack Engineering Trainer with the knowledge, passion and experience to not only deliver excellent 12 week training modules but also help with course development and potentially mentoring and teaching others to deliver Full Stack Engineering training for future cohorts.
All training will be delivered online and this is a full time / fixed term contract role, both options are available. Outside of core teaching hours (2hrs per day in the morning) you will be expected to lead tutorials, perform your own administrative duties and also focus on course development.
Experience / Qualifications
- 2+ years’ experience in either Software Engineering or training people in Software Engineering
- Experience training, mentoring, or supporting junior software engineers
- An expert communicator at all levels of an organisation
- Hands on / commercial experience and an understanding of how it works “in the real world” not just in a classroom
- An entrepreneurial mind who is passionate about developing others and is excited by the prospect of truly disrupting and innovating an industry
- An understanding of the entry-level technology market and the requirements of a junior software engineer
- £60k basic salary
- Share options after 1yr's service
For safeguarding purposes, a valid police clearance certificate / DBS is required, plus 2 professional references.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not been contacted within 5 working days of submission then please consider your application to have been unsuccessful