Yr 2 Teacher, Nanjing, China
RMB27000 - RMB42000, (£2900 / $3800 - £4600 / $6000) + flights, accommodation, visa, medical etc
The Royal Grammar School, Guildford are opening their first international school in Nanjing and need experienced and qualified teachers to join them!
RGS Guildford Nanjing will open in September 2020 with entrants to Grade 1 (UK Year 2) in addition to Grades 7 and 10. The senior section of RGS Guildford Nanjing is a boarding school, but Grade 1 will all be day students.
In Grade 1, approximately half of the curriculum time will be for the Chinese National Curriculum, delivered in Chinese by local teachers. In addition, foreign (i.e. First Language English) teachers will deliver additional curriculum material and a programme of activities.
The expectation is that there will be between a two and four form entry in Grade 1, and we are looking to recruit two Year 2 teachers to cover the classes between them in whatever combination plays best to their strengths.
This is an exciting opportunity for two teachers to shape the nature of the foreign (UK) curriculum side of the primary school from its conception.
One of these teachers will take the lead and be responsible, initially, for this part of the school in terms of the UK curriculum side and a suitable programme of activities. The other foreign teachers (including the principal) are senior school specialists, so it is important that the Year 2 teachers have the experience and confidence to be self-reliant in the daily operation of this part of the school. There will be a Chinese Head of the primary school. In due course, as it grows, there will of course be additional foreign staff and an appropriate management structure including foreign staff.
RGS Guildford, Nanjing offers teachers an exciting opportunity to follow the legacy of one of the UK's oldest and high profle schools. The school is located on the west side of the Yangtze in a brand new development which boasts all amenites including the accomodation.
As this is a founding year, we are looking for committed and passionate teachers who want to play a higly rewarding role that will shape the future of the school for years to come.
- Ideally UK qualified with UK teaching / British international school experience
- 5yrs experience
- BEd or Bachelor degree, PGCE
- A willingness to contribute to co-curricular activites
The following applies to employee and spouse where applicable:
- RMB27000 - RMB42000, (£2900 / $3800 - £4600 / $6000) per mth dependent upon experience
- Reimbursement of flight at beginning and end of contract (economy)
- Relocation allowance of 8,000 RMB (whether single or couple) for transportation to and from airports, extra baggage or shipping and settling purchases such as bed linen and cutlery.
- Reimbursement of cost of visa, document verification and medical checks.
- Mid contract return flight allowance (reimbursement of return economy ticket up to 10,000 RMB per person)
- Furnished accommodation near the school (1 bed for single, 2 bed for couple)
- International standard medical insurance cover
- (Schooling at the moment is not an option however)
August 2020 start
For safeguarding purposes, a valid police clearance certificate / DBS is required, plus 2 professional references.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not been contacted within 5 working days of submission then please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.