Construction Engineering Lecturer - Chengdu, China (Split contract - 13wks x 2)
Basic salary £35K, accommodation, return flights, visa
Higher Ed / Further Ed
m2r Education are working with this UK FE college who, in partnership with a university in China, require a Construction Engineering Lecturer to work in the Faculty of Architecture and Art. Aug 2020 start. This is NOT a full time job, therefore you are free to take other work to supplement your income if you wish.
Chengdu, the capital of China's southwest Sichuan Province, is famed for being the home of cute giant pandas. Located in the west of Sichuan Basin and in the center of Chengdu Plain, the city covers a total area of 12.3 thousand square kilometres and was voted the most liveable city in West China and the fourth most liveable city in China. The areas to the west of Chengdu offer breathtaking natural scenery. Jiuzhaigou National Park and Huanglong National Park are well-known for their clean lakes, waterfalls, colorful ponds, snowcapped mountains, and gorges.
1 year renewable UK contract
- 2 x 13 week semester (Sept '19 - June '20 - 3 months off in between, paid)
- Up to 2 weeks marking and assessing
- Time in between semesters to do as you wish - Part-time job, travelling etc.
20 hours per week contact time
- Ideally degree qualified (HND/ HNC level will be considered)
- Has a record of work experience in the industry for at least 3 years
- At least 3 years teaching experience (Construction Engineering, Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, Structural Design, Drawing, Tendering etc)
Must have right to work in UK
- Basic salary of £35K
- Paid Visa
- Hotel accomodation - fully paid
- Fully paid mobilisation and demobilisation flights with transport to and from the Airport in China
- 30 days annual leave - pro rata
For safeguarding purposes, a valid police clearance certificate / DBS is required, plus 2 professional references.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not been contacted within 5 working days of submission then please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.