ESL Teacher, Chengdu, China (International company, full training and career development too!)
Salary between 10,000 - 16,000CNY a month, depending on experience and qualifications + other benefits
English Language Schools
m2r Education are working with the world's leading privately owned education company, EF English First. Focusing on language training, travel and above all, fun, the company has since grown into a successful organisation with over 40,000 employees, 500 schools and offices, and locations in 107 countries.
Chengdu is the capital of China's southwest Sichuan Province, is famed for being the home of cute giant pandas and of course, great food and nightlife as well as a low cost of living. EF Chengdu have eleven schools and employ over 100 ESL Teachers at the moment.
The company provide their team with the tools and opportunities to grow as a teacher. They offer a comprehensive training program to teachers that focusses on curriculum, teaching skills and classroom management.
- Teach weekly English classes to a range of ages and abilities
- Make good use of extensive course materials and technology in the classroom and ensure students learn in an engaging manner
- Plan lessons and prepare teaching materials in advance
- Carry out teaching related responsibilities including demo classes, special student events, conversation clubs, tutorials, seminars, presentations, etc.
- Attend and support with the organization of school social events
- Attend weekly trainings, workshops and staff meetings
Teaching & Work Hours:
- 5 day working week (Could include weekends however you will always have 2 days off every week)
- Afternoon / evening hours during the week and morning / afternoon hours on a weekend
- Up to 20 teaching hours per week (maybe more in peak season) in a standard 40hr working week
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Native English speaker (UK, US, South Africa, Canada, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand)
- TEFL / TESOL (120hrs) OR 2yrs teaching experience
- 21 - 55 yrs of age
- Good work ethic
Competitive Salary. Teachers earn between 10,000 - 16,000CNY a month (£1100 - £1700)
Housing Allowance: receive 2000CNY a month, to help pay for accommodation.
Flight allowance of 8000CNY per each full contract. 4000CNY can be provided upon arrival to china, to reimburse the initial flight fee. Alternatively they will purchase the ticket for you in advance using the 4000CNY (if the ticket is any more this will be deducted from your first months wage) then the other 4000CNY is given at the end of the contract.
Benefits include International Health Insurance, 12 paid days of annual leave plus 12 paid days of public holidays, free Chinese lessons
Work (Z) Visa. EF will cover the whole cost of your visa application and help you every step of the way.
Full training and continuous development and support
Excellent class resources. Every teacher has specially designed teacher’s books and manuals, CDs, supplies and props for games. Their multimedia classrooms are equipped with interactive white boards and a host of online resources.
Full onboarding and relocation assistance. As soon as you arrive you will put you up in a hotel for a week and you will be assigned a welfare officer who will help you find an apartment, open local bank accounts and help you acclimatise to your new life in Chengdu.
Great career opportunities. EF Chengdu offers great opportunity for growth with promotion opportunities to senior teacher, associate director of studies, director of studies and regional positions for exemplary teachers. 80% of their management staff are promoted from within the company.
- NOTE - As with majority of ESL roles in China, initial flight is not covered
Ongoing start dates