Head of English , Hanoi, Vietnam
TO $5000 /mth TAX FREE, health insurance, visa, flights
m2r Education are working with this Vietnamese based, international school group who require a Head of English to join asap. American Common Core curriculum experience is ESSENTIAL
This is a state of the art campus offering excellent use of indoor and outdoor space (further information will be supplied).
Based in Hanoi, this new campus is part of a large school group offering the US curriculum. It will start with 700 students and aims to increase to 3000, at a rate of 500 per year.
- Design, develop, and organize to comprehensively and consistently implement English programs in in order to meet the needs of students and encourage their participation and advancement of all students in entire system.
- Study, design, and develop English curriculum and teaching methods
- Establish the Syllabus for English-medium subjects
- Design handouts and tests for the subjects. Draft teachers’ guidelines for curriculum implementation
- Review and adjust the syllabus basing on implementation.
- Construct, teach and monitor the implementation, evaluation and adjustment of activities for the English programs.
- Build up a list of major documents, texts, tools, learning supplies, list of library entries, etc., for the English programs.
- Construct the teachers’ recruitment criteria for the English programs.
- Provide support to expat teacher recruitment procedures including interview, assessment on candidates’ experience, expertise and professional competencies
- Organise the training programs, talks, workshops to support the professional development of both Vietnamese and expat teachers
Experience / Qualifications:
- USA, UK, Ireland, Canada, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand passport holders only
- American Common Core curriculum experience is ESSENTIAL
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Teaching/Linguistics/Education Management
- Certificates in English teaching (DELTA, CELTA, TESOL, TEFL
- Minimum 5 years' experience in teaching
- Minimum 3 years' experience in Educational Managerment (Vice Principal/ Academic Director/ English Program Manager) in international/bilingual schools
- Experience in develop and train teaching programs in English.
- Experience in teacher training
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Relationship Building skills
- Tax-free salary dependent on experience
- Medical cover
- Visa costs covered
- Paid holiday
- 1yr renewable contracts
Sept 2020 start
For safeguarding purposes, a valid police clearance certificate / DBS is required, plus 2 professional references.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not been contacted within 5 working days of submission then please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.