ESL Teacher, various locations, Vietnam – NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED!
UP TO 520,000 VND (£17) per hour + visa, work permit, health insurance, housing allowance
English Language Schools
m2r Education are recruiting ESL teachers to work with the largest language provider in Vietnam.
This language provider in Vietnam has more than 50 Language centres located in 15 towns and cities across the country, plus public school programmes in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City. They have more than 20 years’ experience in providing English training and a strong emphasis on academic quality and service to students.
There are also positions available at an affiliate company that has an emphasis on decreased course fees to expand English educational services to a larger demographic of students. The wages, benefits and schedules will be the same, with the primary difference being that you would share half of the course with an experience and qualified Vietnamese teacher, with 2-hour lessons being split 1 hour taught by you, and the other hour taught by a Vietnamese teacher. This gives you the opportunity for collaboration and teamwork!
There will be an opportunity to teach all ages, but a focus put on Young Learners (age 3-17).
- Vietnam offers a mix of vibrant cities and beautiful countryside along with amazing food, history, and culture
- The market for EFL teaching continues to develop and grow
- Cost of living is still relatively low
- Great opportunities for professional development
Language Centre Classes
Language Centre classes will take place at the purpose-built centres where students go.
Classes are usually scheduled between 17:30 and 21:45 Monday – Friday and between 07:30 and 21:00 on weekends.
Students are limited to a maximum of 19 per class, with the typical number being around 15.
Summer school classes are scheduled during the daytime Monday – Friday in June and July.
Public School Classes
Public School classes take place at a partner school.
All classes are Monday – Friday during daytime hours (no evenings/weekends)
Teachers are usually based at the closest Language Centre
You’ll meet students from a range of backgrounds, many of whom won’t have access to ESL tutoring outside of school.
Experience of life at a local Vietnamese school. A great way to give back to the community!
You will receive:
- A comprehensive induction, including a HR induction from the Expat Services (Welfare) team
- Familiarisation with classes, facilities, methodologies, processes, and practices
- 1 week training induction to familiarize yourself with the methodologies of teaching English to Young Learners. This is a compulsory, paid induction for full-time teachers working in the Language Centres.
- Hourly rate from 430,000 – 520,000 VND (£14 to £17) based on experience and qualifications.
- Health insurance
- Visa and Work permit
- Up to £120 / $150.00 reimbursement for documentation costs (on the provision of valid receipts)
- 43,000 VND/hour teaching allowance in qualifying locations
- Housing allowance of up to 7,000,000 VND/month in qualifying locations
- 6-month bonus of 10,000,000 VND
- Minimum guarantee of 40 hours/month
- A typical full time teaching schedule of around 80 hours/month, usually 5 days a week (no guarantee of having consecutive days off)
- Focused, on-going professional development from a 100% expat academic management team
- Social events (centre and company level, usually 2-3 a year)
- 12-month contract
- Assistance setting up a bank account in Vietnam
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum 3 years)
- 120-hour TEFL/TESOL certificate – CELTA or Trinity TESOL preferred
- Online TEFL certificate holders will need to have 1+ years of in-class experience
- No experience required!!
- Native English speaker or able to demonstrate Native Level
- Be able to obtain a Clean Police Background Check
- Be able to commit to a 12-month contract
For safeguarding purposes, a valid police clearance certificate / DBS is required, plus 2 professional references.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not been contacted within 5 working days of submission then please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.