Health Science Teachers (Secondary) UAE. UK interviews December 2018
21000AED (£4000 / €4600/ $5700) per mth tax free) + medical, return flights, visa
United Arab Emirates
m2r Education require Health Science Teachers to teach in government schools across the UAE (including the Emirate of Abu Dhabi).
All teaching roles are located in the Emirates of Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Umm Al Quwain, Ras Al-Khaimah, Fujairah and Ajman so you must be flexible with location. (Please note - Abu Dhabi is the largest Emirate and includes the Western Region. Roles exist across the Emirate incl Al Ain. There are very few roles in Abu Dhabi city itself.)
Face to face interviews only.
- Dublin 8th December
- London 9th December
- Manchester 15th&16th December
SKYPE INTERVIEWS WILL NOT BE CONDUCTED
Please note, priority will be given to applicants with previous Middle East experience.
The main curriculum goal is to adequately prepare students to study a range of health science degrees such as nursing, paramedic, Emergency Medical Training (EMT) at higher education institutions. The programme aims to increase health literacy, improve self-efficacy, enhance social responsibility and introduce students to Health careers. Students learn to obtain, interpret and apply health information and services in ways that protect and promote personal, family, and community health.
- A new curriculum that covers a range of topics to include Health and Wellness, Psychology, Nutrition, First Aid and Safety, Disease Prevention, Dealing with Accidents and Emergencies.
- A highly practical and theoretical driven curriculum that recognises the value in developing the student as a whole.
- Students acquire health and life skills through a broad range of topics in order to avoid risk of injury to self and others, at home, school, and in the community.
- Students are enabled to comprehend the holistic concept of health and wellness and its relationship to a healthy lifestyle.
- Students will enhance their critical thinking and awareness about environmental hazards and their impact.
- Experience of delivering health science related topics (e.g. Health Promotion, Public Health, Nursing, Medical Sciences, Psychology, Human Anatomy and Physiology, Diet and Nutrition, Health and Social Care, Paramedic, First Aid) or other relevant subjects.
- 3 years relevant teaching experience within a secondary school
- Ability to use student centered teaching strategies
- Highly developed classroom management skills
- Sound problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to use Information Technology in the class room such as Smart board, ppt. MS Word, Spreadsheets and Database
- Ability to utilize and maximize web-based learning environments
- Health-related Bachelor’s degree or above (e.g. Health Sciences, Nursing, Medical Sciences, Paramedic Sciences, Emergency medical Technician (EMT), Health Promotion, Healthcare, Public Health, Nutrition, Health and social care).
- A teaching qualification is an advantage
- Native speaker of English
- 21000AED TAX FREE per month (£4000 / €4600/ $5700)
- Medical (self and family)
- Initial and end of contract flights for self and family
- Relocation Assistance: flights to UAE for family, hotel for the first 8 nights and relocation costs.
- Employment Visa
- Holidays are as per academic calendar of the school where you will be teaching
- End of service benefit of one month’s basic salary for each complete year of continuous service (pro rata where required)
- 2yr contract, renewable
- NOTE: No accommodation or schooling is provided.
Please note all employment offers will be subject to 2 professional references and a current DBS check / police clearance
Face to face interviews ONLY
Jan 2019 start dates.