Vice Principal, (Technical schools), Abu Dhabi. Skype interviews!
22823AED / mth (£5100 / $6100) TAX FREE+ flights, schools, housing allowance, visa etc
United Arab Emirates
Higher Ed / Further Ed
m2r Education require a Vice Principal with a strong TVET background for this organisation based in Abu Dhabi.
Located 40km outside of Abu Dhabi city, this is a boarding institute that caters for Emiratis who have an interest in vocational studies rather than mainstream academic education, enabling them to become citizens who will play an active role in contributing to the UAE society and economy. Their programmes are industry-based and all graduates are given assistance to find a job at the end of their programme.
They offer alternative learning pathways which focus on applied learning methods (hands-on learning) which are well integrated with a personal development programme that educates young men in self-discipline, work ethics and employability skills that enable them to keep on the right track for lifelong employment.
Reporting to the Principal, the Vice Principal is responsible of the delivery of the Academic program and related Academic matters on campus. The VP Academic supervises Teachers on campus and
provides guidance, ensures curriculum delivery as instructed by the Curriculum and Assessment Unit and oversees assessment process integrity.
- The daily running of all academic affairs of the School.
- Implement academic system‐wide strategy on campus.
- Liaise with the Curriculum and Assessment Unit to provide up to date information on the progress feedback of curriculum and delivery.
- Supervise to ensure duties of Teachers are delivered as stipulated in the guidelines.
- Set performance expectations and conduct performance evaluation of the Lead Teachers and monitors evaluation of the teaching staff.
Qualifications / Experience
- 10 years’ experience of which 5 years in similar position and at least 5 years teaching experience at High School level.
- Excellent English written and spoken skills.
Must be a Master Degree holder with Engineering/Math/Science (Physics/Chemistry) subject areas. Preferably UK/US/AUS educated.
Experience with Vocational Education Institutions are highly desirable.
Strong personality and managerial skills are required
Thorough knowledge of Academic systems
- 22823AED / mth (£5100 / $6100) TAX FREE
Housing Allowance: AED 10,400 (Single) and AED 13,000 (Married)
Education allowance: AED 80,000 (Maximum 40,000 for one child)
Relocation Allowance: AED 20,000 (paid in two installments)
Ticket Allowance: For Employee, spouse and up to 3 children below 18 (once in a year)
Medical Insurance: For Employee, spouse and up to 3 children below 18
- UAE residency visa (government) status, renewed every 2 years
- Contract is Permanent/Open Ended
- Salary is paid for 12months during term of employment
- 42 days annual leave plus all UAE public holidays ( as per government directorate)
- End of Service Benefit (EOSB) as per UAE Labour Law
August 2019 Starts