Head of Science, Kampala, Uganda
UP TO £2100 / $2500 per month, free furnished accommodation, schooling, flights, visa and medical insurance
m2r Education are working with this British international school in Kampala, Uganda. Part of a huge international school group, they need a Head of Science for an ASAP start.
Kampala is Uganda’s capital and largest city, historically built upon seven hills. The school campus is located in the comfortable surrounds of Butabika, next to the Royal Palms Estate, in view of Lake Victoria.
In 2015 the first the first fully kitted LEGO Education Innovation School was opened here, and the school is equipped with interactive whiteboards,laptops and ICT learning bays. Sporting facilities include a 25 metre swimming pool with shading for visitors during swimming festivals, a large floodlit football pitch both for school and community use, and a small golf ‘pitch and putt’ area. The Boarding Facility provides a provision for up to 150 students.
- Relevant Degree ideally from a western university
- PGCE / QTS / Teaching licence
- 2yrs relevant teaching experience + HOD experience
- Experience teahing IGCSE, A Level and BTEC curriculums
- Successful leadership experience in national or international sector.
- Open nationality however the preference is for teachers to have taught English National Curriculum / IB in a western school setting.
- Between £1500 / USD1800 to £2100 / USD2500 per month (dependent upon experience)
- Free fully furnished accomodation (single or married)
- Full family package
- Free return flights
- Work visa
- Educational package for up to 2 dependants.
- Option to renew contract
Please note all employment offers will be subject to 2 professional references and a current DBS check / police clearance
Start date - ASAP