Become an au pair in America!
£146 (USD200) per week + FREE accommodation, FREE meals, USD500 education allowance, return flights, J1 visa, medical insurance etc!
m2r Education are offering exciting opportunities to travel and live in the USA! Earn over $10,000 through your year as an au pair with meals and accommodation included!
In conjunction with TEFL UK and AuPairCare, this is a unique opportunity to travel in the United States and meet new people from all over the world.
Add valuable international experience to your CV, explore new surroundings and learn about the United States! This program also allows you to contribute to the care and education of children within a welcoming home from home family environment.
You'll enjoy flights to and from the States along with weekly pay, private room and meals provided. What's more, you’ll also have the opportunity to spend time studying at an American University or College.
Benefits of the au pair America program
- Private bedroom and all meals in your host family's house.
- Weekly pay of c.£146 per week, during your year. (You wil have £0 outgoings!!!!)
- Full childcare training.
- Sponsorship of J-1 Visa.
- 1 1/2 days per week free time.
- A US Department of State requirement for this program is that all au pairs must complete 6 semester hours of academic credit through a regulated post secondary institute. Your host family will support this requirement with a contribution of up to $500 towards your academic course work.
- FREE 120 TEFL for added professional development.
- Continuous support from AuPairCare.
- 12 months travel and accident insurance provided.
- 30 days end of programme travel time to explore the US.
- 10 days of paid holidays during your 12 month programme.
- Opportunity to extend your placement for a further 6, 9 or 12 months.
- Teach your culture and entertain children.
- Prepare meals for children and clear up after mealtime.
- Dress and bath the children.
- Pack lunches, take the kids to school and help with homework.
- Take children to the park, playground or other fun activities.
- Help out with child-related chores such as kids laundry and helping keep children's rooms tidy.
- You will only work for a maximum of 45 hours per week.
- Send us your CV!
- A member of the team will contact you to discuss your application and answer all of your questions.
- Interview with American host families and find a match that you are comfortable with.
- Pick your arrival date and have a fantastic time!
Please note - these are US State Department requirments to join the au pair programme.
- Previous childcare experience (minimum 300 hours). Au pairs wishing to be placed with a family who has a child under the age of two must have at least 200 hours childcare experience with under two year olds (from the total of 300).
- English language proficiency.
- Be aged between 18 - 26.
- Hold a driver's licence.
- Be available for a 12 month placement.
- Secondary (High School) graduate
- Be in good health.
- No criminal record.
What to consider:
- You will need to pay £449 to be accepted onto the programme. This covers the following -
- Round trip air ticket between the UK to the US.
- In country air travel to your host family.
- Travel and medical insurance.
- SEVIS visa fee.
- All support, advice and guidance where needed.
- You will also need to budget for your criminal record check (£65), medical report (£30) and J1 visa fee, payable to the US Embassy (£100).
Please note - the majority of overseas roles will require you to pay for your flights and visa processing.
For all additional information and to apply, either send your CV or contact us now!