English Language Summer School Teacher - UK Wide
FROM £450/wk Residential and FROM £600/wk Non Residential
English Language Schools
m2r Education are proud to be working with this British Council accredited provider of residential junior summer courses for groups of students aged 10 -17.
They operate junior summer schools for international students aged 10-17 in 7 locations across the UK. The schools are based on university or further education college campuses, all with good quality residential accommodation, teaching and leisure facilities on-site. Summer courses offer a balanced mix between learning in the classroom and learning during activities and on excursions.
They need English Language Teachers to teach classes of international students on a full board residential (single en suite room) or non residential basis.
- Teachers are responsible for teaching junior students on our short summer courses which, lead to the Trinity College London Graded Examinations in Spoken English (GESE).
- Teachers usually work mornings and afternoons, teaching 4 x 1.5 hour lessons a day.
- Timetables begin at 9am and end c.5.30pm with 30 contact hrs per week
- All teachers receive an on-site induction with the Director of Studies which includes Trinity exam preparation.
- The syllabus and a range of materials are available in each centre.
- Bachelor's Degree
- CELTA/Trinity TESOL (A PGCE with QTS in either MFL, or English may also be considered)
- Enhanced DBS on update service (if you do not have this, one will be applied for on your behalf)
- Have undertaken a safeguarding course in the past 12 months (we can provide further details if you need to do this)
- Right to Work in the UK
- Experience of teaching classes with up to 15 students
- Genuine interest in working with young people
- Ability to cope with long working hours
- Ability to work in multiple buildings in potentially widespread campus
- Extremely professional and customer focussed
- Able to plan lessons and provide post lesson feedback
- Experience teaching in summer schools is preferred although not essential
- FROM £450/wk Residential and FROM £600/wk Non Residential
Summer 2024 Start
For safeguarding purposes, a valid police clearance certificate / DBS is required, plus 2 professional references.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not been contacted within 5 working days of submission then please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.
Contact us for more details.