Vice Principal (Secondary), Tunisia
c. £33k, accommodation allowance, flights, medical, visa, schooling
m2r Education are working with this British international school who require a Vice Principal for an immediate start.
This is a growing co-ed school, established 7yrs ago. It delivers the English National Curriculum from age 3 - 19. It is fully accredited with an international teaching base alongside Tunisian TAs. The school is located in the north of Tunis in a mostly expatriate area on the Mediterranean coast. Most staff live close to the beach.
- Oversee the quality of teaching and learning across the secondary school
- Oversee and evaluate the quality and relevance of the curriculum.
- Work with the teaching faculty to maintain and raise academic standards through effective tracking and intervention as appropriate.
- Along with the Secondary Principal, play a key role in the performance management of all academic staff.
- Lead Secondary quality assurance mechanisms.
- Compose, contribute, review and monitor all Secondary academic policies and be directly responsible for teaching and learning, assessment, reporting and tracking policies.
- Review, with the Secondary Principal, departmental and school examination results and subject development plans.
- Mentor and coach teachers where necessary.
- Maintain an up‐to‐date knowledge and understanding of current legislation, examination specifications and classroom best practice in order to advise the Secondary Principal, SLT and relevant committees on the school’s academic policies and procedures.
- Formulate and review the academic/curriculum sections of the annual School Development Plan.
- Be responsible, in conjunction with the Examinations Officer for public examination results summaries and performance analysis (value‐added etc.) at school and departmental level.
- Oversee the work of Learning Support, EAL departments and G&T Coordinators to ensure that individual pupils’ learning needs are being met and that they are receiving appropriate support.
- Ensure that department handbooks, schemes of work and development plans are reviewed regularly and updated as appropriate.
- Assist The Secondary Principal in the recruitment and appointment of staff
- Subject specialist degree from a reputable institution
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) / PGCE or equivalent
- 5 yrs SLT experience
- Use of CAT4 and GL assessment data
- Experience in curriculum design
- C. £2700 per month
- £1400 initial loan + salary advance upon joining to help pay for furnishings / rental deposit if needed
- 10 days initial hotel accommodation
- £420/mth accommodation allowance (Cost of living is VERY cheap)
- Return flights for family
- Annual return flights for family
- 2 subsidised school places (if needed)
- Medical insurance for family
- Work visa
For safeguarding purposes, a valid police clearance certificate / DBS is required, plus 2 professional references.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not been contacted within 5 working days of submission then please consider your application to have been unsuccessful