Physics Teacher, South Korea
£31k - £38k ($39k - $48k) TAX FREE, furnished housing, return flights, pension, medical, work visa, schooling etc
m2r Education are currently looking for a Physics Teacher for a well established international school in South Korea.
It is a coeducational international school for children from Nursery to Year 11 (UK) or Grade 10 (US). They follow the International Early Years Curriculum (IEYC), International Primary Curriculum (IPC) and International Middle Years Curriculum (IMYC) as well as offering IGCSE classes to Yr 10 and 11. They are also opening Yr 12 AS level classes next academic year too.
The current school is 4 yrs old and has excellent facilities for up to 540 students. There are 27 classrooms, a gymnasium, a large library, a science lab, music and art rooms, dedicated play areas for older and younger children, outdoor footbal pitch, basketball court, running track, rooftop garden, parents lounge and a cafeteria.
Positions are open to anyone who meets the minimum criteria and comes with an excellent package which includes a competititve basic salary, fully furnished housing, annual summer flights and other usual expat benefits.
- Plan, teach and assess well-structured lessons
- Differentiate for different learning needs where appropriate, including learning support and English as an additional language
- Teach Years 7-9 within the IMYC framework and Years 10-11 in thorough preparation for IGCSE examinations and Years 12-13 for AS and A-level examinations.
- Attend an annual residential trip
- Report to, inform and engage parents regularly via class blogs
- Write 2 reports a year; arrange parent-teacher conferences and learner-led conferences and any other conferences required
- Lead 1 after school activity per week and duties at selected break or lunch times
Minimum criteria to apply:
- Fully qualified teacher (degree and teaching qualification, or similar)
- Subject knowledge to teach coordinated Sciences for Years 7-9 and Physics to A-level
- (Optional) Ability to teach Computing
- At least 2 years secondary education teaching experience
- Experience in 1 or more of IGCSE/GCSE, A-levels, IB diploma, IMYC
- Experience of delivering exam courses
- Experience of accreditation processes desirable
- 2 year contract (renewable)
- £31k - £38k ($39k - $48k) TAX FREE
- Fully furnished housing or allowance if preferred
- Annual summer flight + start and end of contract flights for family
- International relocation allowance of 1mKRW (£700)
- CPD allowance
- Medical insurance (Approx 6% of basic salary paid by teacher)
- Life insurance
- Work visa
- Schooling (75% for first 2 children)
- Paid leave in accordance with academic calendar
- Severance pay (for teachers who work for more than 1 yr)
- 1yr contract (renewable)
Start date Aug 2019
A current DBS and 2 references are required.