ESL Teacher, South Korea
Up to 2.7 million KRW (£1700 / $2200) per month, free housing, all flight costs reimbursed, medical cover etc
English Language Schools
m2r Education have opportunities for ESL Teachers to live and work in South Korea.
We will provide you with a comprehensive application guide prior to submission too.
These roles are with the English Programme in Korea (EPIK) and is a teaching programme sponsored by the Korean Ministry of Education. EPIK teachers get a wonderful and informative training and introduction to Korean culture, teaching and lesson preparation. EPIK is very supportive of its teachers and offers what is likely the best orientation of any teaching program in Korea. Each semester they
hire hundreds of teachers for all different cities and provinces in Korea.
(You will find out which city you will be teaching in prior to arrival and you do have the ability to choose)
These ESL Teacher roles are working in government schools and are filled on a first come, first serve basis so apply now if you want your pick of all the cities across South Korea! These are very stable roles as you are sponsored by the Korean government.
Your classes will have around 25-30 students and working hours are 8.30am - 4.30pm.
- Teaching ESL in a primary or secondary school in a designated location in South Korea
- Mon - Fri, 8hrs per day with c. 22-25hrs teaching
- Conduct English conversation classes with the help of a local Korean co-teacher
- Prepare lesson materials
Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor in any subject
- ESL qualification (prior to arriving in South Korea) - you can apply without having completed the course. Min 100hrs.
- You DO NOT require an ESL qualification if you already have a valid formal teaching licence (PGCE etc) or your degree is related to English.
- Native speaker of English (UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa)
- Clean criminal record
- Married couples are welcome to apply too
- No experience is necessary as full training and orientation provided
- Up to 2.7 million KRW (£1700 / $2200) per month, dependent upon experience and qualifications. (Salaries are tax free except for Irish and Canadian nationals due to lack of tax treaty with South Korea)
- Entrance and exit allowance
- End of contract bonus (one month salary)
- Free furnished single housing (generally a short walk away from the school)
- Full orientation upon arrival
- Airport pickup
- Renewal bonus
- 18 days holiday (8 working days for summer break and 10 working days for winter break) + national holidays
- Subsidised medical insurance (4.48% of your salary deducted per month)
- 1yr contract
Note - It can take up to 3 months to process your documents so if you are interested, you MUST apply now and start getting all your documents together. We will send you further information about this asap.
2023 Start Dates
For safeguarding purposes, a valid police clearance certificate / DBS is required, plus 2 professional references.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not been contacted within 5 working days of submission then please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.