Science Teacher, Ljubljana, Slovenia
c. €30k (gross) pr yr + food and travel benefits. 1yr initial contract
m2r Education have an immediate need for a Science Teacher (KS3 / KS4) for this COBIS accredited school in Slovenia. Fantastic for those who enjoy the outdoors life, Slovenia is rich in culture and contains within its borders, Alpine mountains, thick forests, historic cities and a short Adriatic coastline.
The role is to start in August 2018
Part of a large school group, the school currently has students aged 3 to 18 from more than 30 countries. About 40% of the students are Slovenian; others represent countries from as far apart as Australia and Norway and from Portugal to Japan.
All subjects, except Slovene and French, are taught in English by a team of 37 full- and part-time teachers and assistants, mostly native speakers of English or fluently bilingual.
Their Primary Section follows the National Curriculum for England, enhanced by the International Primary Curriculum (IPC). Secondary students are prepared for GCSE, IGCSE and A-Level examinations from Cambridge and AQA.
They are an accredited member of the Council of British International Schools (COBIS), a member of the Council of International Schools (CIS) and a Cambridge International School.
Applicants must have a relevant degree, teaching qualification and experience of teaching Science, specialising in either Biology, Chemistry or Physics (plus ICT), from Key Stage 3 of the National Curriculum to GCSE/IGCSE and GCE A-Level. Experience of working with EAL learners from a variety of cultures will be an advantage.
- BSc + PGCE / BEd
- At least 2 years’ relevant English National Curriculum teaching experience
- Experience from an international school is an advantage
- Due to difficulties in obtaining visas, UK / EU nationals are preferred
- Basic Salary of c. €30k gross (Take home will be c. €1500/mth however this will increase once residency has been granted plus there will be a tax rebate to compensate)
- Accommodation is NOT provided (tax reasons) however for €500 you can rent a 1bed flat in the centre of the city or if you wish to live near the school (in the countryside) then you can get a 3 bedroom house for the same money!
- 1yr contract, renewable
20th August start date