Research Lecturer - Centre for AI - Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
TAX FREE basic salary UP TO 30000SAR (£6000 / $8000) per month + housing, flights, visa, medical etc
Higher Ed / Further Ed
m2r Education are proud to be supporting Prince Mohammad Bin Fahd University (PMU) with its current recruitment needs. They require Research Lecturers to join ASAP.
PMU was built to provide higher education opportunities to the local and regional community of the Eastern province of Saudi Arabia. It is a private institution and developed with the close collaboration of The Texas International Education Consortium [TIEC] - a private non-profit organization that advances international partnerships, collaboration, and exchanges for 31 public universities within the state of Texas, USA.
PMU has one consolidated and purpose-built location at which its degree programs are delivered. It is in the Half-Moon Bay area in Al-Khobar (about 29 km south of downtown Al-Khobar) in the Eastern Province of KSA. The principal components of its modern campus, within its own extensive landscaped surroundings, was largely completed by 2006.
In less than 15 years PMU has become established as a leading private university in the Eastern province and one of few such outstanding institutions in the whole of KSA. PMU is ranked 4th in the Times Higher Education - Arab World University Rankings and Ranked 101-150 in world best Young Universities QS-2021 Rankings.
The newly created Centre for Artificial Intelligence (AI) has the state-of-the-art IT infrastructure and strong institutional support to maximize the outcome of research in artificial intelligence (AI). Research areas of the Centre include deep learning in neural networks, fuzzy logic, optimization, image processing, computer vision, signal processing, time series, pattern recognition, and virtual reality, with diverse applications to medicine, health, life science, energy, smart living, natural science, robotics, law, business, and humanities.
- Be responsible for leading the research culture at PMU
- Seek external funding to support and expand research activities
- Be expected to take part in the strategic planning and decision making of PMU's Centre for Artificial Intelligence.
- Present findings at conferences worldwide
- A PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Data Science, Mathematics or a closely related field from a Western University/ North American accredited institution, a distinguished and active record of sponsored research; a history of excellent peer-reviewed scholarship.
- A proven track record of carrying out cutting-edge research demonstrated by publications in top journals/conferences.
- A proven track record of funding acquisition through grants and/or contracts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability for research leadership, including communicating scientific results
- Experience in mentoring junior researchers
- TAX FREE basic salary UP TO 30000SAR (£6000 / $8000) per month, dependent upon experience and qualifications
- Visa (work) / family visa / local transfer
- Fully furnished accommodation (Single or family)
- Help with opening a local bank account
- Medical insurance
- Annual air tickets (Family incl 2 children)
- 60 days leave in line with academic calendar
- Education allowance
- 2yr renewable contract
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not been contacted within 5 working days of submission then please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.