Nursing Lecturers, Riyadh (Also Department Chair needed)
UP TO SAR26000 (£5200 / $6900)tax free /month, housing, flights, visa, medical
Higher Ed / Further Ed
m2r Education are working with this prestigious university in Riyadh who are launching a new nursing programme in Sept 2019.
In partnership with a leading UK university, the new Bachelor of Nursing Programme at their College of Pharmacy and Applied Sciences will support and nationalise the nursing profession in Saudi Arabia.
They have immediate needs for a Depertment Chair and also faculty staff that meet the following requirements:
- Relevant qualifcations, ideally to PhD level
- Western (ideally UK) educated, fluent in Arabic and English, female only
- Experience of teaching the Bachelor of Nursing (BN Hons) programme
- Willing to travel to KSA for Sept '19 at the latest
- Participate in developing program learning outcomes and share the process of learning assessment at program level.
- Mapping course-learning outcome to program learning outcome and participate in evaluation process that include choosing and administering measures, evaluating student performance, and suggesting changes to improve student learning.
- Assign grades, maintain course/student records in accordance and submit grades and records by established deadlines.
- Developing program curriculum, standards, and policies, including reviewing and participating in textbook selection process where appropriate with other faculty and administrators.
- Schedule, supervise, debrief, and evaluate students in clinical, internship, observation, field experience, and similar settings as appropriate for the course or program.
- Provide communication channels with the students via email, phone, or personal meeting. The method of contact and hours of availability should be clearly communicated to supervisors and to students through the course syllabus each semester.
- Attend departmental, divisional, and college-wide meetings where appropriate or as required by supervisor.
- Remain current in academic or program discipline, including maintaining licensure, certification, or continuing education requirements where appropriate.
- Self-enhancement in technological or pedagogical advances that promote student learning.
- Help college to develop professional development activities.
- Advise the students to identify and achieve their educational goals.
- Participate in orientation program for new faculty
Role (Dept Chair):
- Oversees the academic, educational, and administrative affairs in the department.
- Developing the annual plan for the department.
- Coordinates the involvement of faculty in their regular advisement responsibilities and insures an effective and ongoing student advisement program in the department
- Supervise the functioning of educational, academic and exams processes in the department.
- Oversees and tracks the performance of faculty members and their commitment to their hours of teaching and office hours and their academic advising.
- Coordinates recruitment of faculty
- Encourages the faculty to expand their professional development relative to their disciplines, interpersonal relations with students and colleagues and interactions within the department.
- Prepare Annual Program Report.
- Encourages faculty to engage in scholarly and creative research and pursue excellence in teaching and community participation.
- Articulates the needs, problems and views of the faculty to college and University administrative levels.
- Evaluates and measures the level of performance and achievement in the department and developing the improvement plans.
- Works on quality control and compliance to Academic Accreditation (NCAAA).
- Develops and evaluates curricular programs and plans, and implements the department's undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Responsible to achieve the academic accreditation for the program from NCAAA and international bodies.
- UP TO SAR26000 (£5200 / $6900)tax free /month, dependent on experience and role
- Work visa
- Medical insurance
- Annual tickets
ASAP / Sept '19 start dates