Curriculum Team Leader (female), Al Khobar & Al Quwayiyah (Saudi Arabia)
FROM 20000SAR (£4000 / $5000) + housing, flights, medical, visa etc
Higher Ed / Further Ed
m2r Education need Curriculum Team Leaders for a UK run, female FE college. ASAP starts.
The Curriculum Team Leader will maintain relevant professional standards and personal development, ensure appropriate student conduct within the college, act as Lead Internal Verifier and ensure all Quality Assurance procedures are fully complied with.
Essential Job Functions
- To monitor and formally review the curriculum, its delivery and effectiveness on an annual basis and to make recommendations for change
- To provide course leadership, in accordance with requirements and in agreement with the Head of Area
- To organise and supervise examinations in accordance with requirements and in agreement with the Head of Area.
- To advise course teams on curriculum design, planning and delivery.
- To act as a Lead internal Verifier for a range of provision and to monitor and report on internal matters.
- To ensure all Quality Assurance procedures are fully complied with, College Self-Assessment Report, Course Reviews, assessment and verification
- To play a leading role in the production of Course Reviews and the production of the Self-Assessment Report for the area.
- To play a leading role in the production of the Area’s Development Plans.
- Plan prepare and give feedback on student work, monitor progress towards individual targets, keep records and provide timely reports/reviews to students, parents and college managers as appropriate.
- Work closely with colleagues within the Area and across college to respond to the needs of students.
- Lead curriculum development with regard to the principles of inclusive learning including: Individual learning styles, Equality of Opportunity, Appropriate progression for learners of higher ability , Support for students with learning difficulties, Use of college resources including ICT, Use of interactive learning, Work based earning/On Job Training.
- Contribute to the teaching and learning resources for the relevant subject/course
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of developments in the relevant subject/course.
- Attend and contribute to relevant college meetings including enrolment, open days, and awards evenings.
- Advise and assist the Head of Area and team members in all matters relating to the delivery of subject specialisms.
- To manage and oversee all aspects of OJT including Health and Safety, student tracking and progress reviews.
- To develop formal and informal links with industry and to ensure curriculum development is industry led
- Contribute to the development of teaching methods and strategies as part of the College’s policy of continuous improvement.
- Contribute to the self-assessment process and take responsibility for relevant actions and targets in the development of plans for the area.
- Participate in the College’s Lesson Observation Scheme.
- Act as Teaching Observer when required.
- Undertake professional development and training to contribute to individual and College development as agreed through the College Individual Professional Review process.
- Plan the development of others through the College Individual Professional Review process.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in any related specializations and Master’s Degree in a related field is preferred
- IELTS 7.5 academic if you are not a 1st language English speaker
- Minimum of 2 years management level experience in a similar role or 5 years classroom teaching experience in a similar environment
- Qualified internal verifier
- Work experience in vocational education/training is preferred
- Work experience in Saudi Arabia is preferred
The employer has the following visas available (if you are not on the list then you MUST have a transferable Iqama)
- South Africa
- FROM 20000SAR (£4000 / $5000) (Maybe higher depending on qualifcations & experience)
- Flights to Saudi Arabia, with a return flight at the end of your contract
- Accommodation and transportation will be provided
- Health Insurance
- End of Contract gratuity payment
- Single status work visa
- 30 days holiday entitlement, plus National holidays.