Executive Principal, Qatar
c. £100k + housing allowance, schooling, flights, medical, visa etc
m2r Education are hiring for an Executive Principal for a brand new British International School, due to open in August 2022.
The school is a result of a joint venture agreement between United Development Company, a highly successful Qatari public company and developer of the Pearl, and Orbital Education, a leading British education company specialising in delivering an enhanced English National Curriculum to an internationally diverse student population.
United School International will be the first school on the Pearl, a development built on land reclaimed from the Arabian Gulf connected to the city of Doha bay a four-lane causeway. Because of its position, its beautiful architecture and facilities, it is the most desirable location for both expatriate and local Qatari families in the city of Doha. There is a combination of spacious high-rise apartments and luxurious villas currently housing a population of 33,000. When finally completed in two years’ time this will have risen to around 50,000.
The school will accommodate up to 2,600 students from 3 to 18 years old and will become the second major school in the city of Doha to be established by Orbital Education. The Executive Principal will work with the Orbital team on all aspects of the pre-operational stages of development through to opening in August 2022.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an intelligent, ambitious, and energetic Senior Leader, to impact and shape the delivery of international education by leading the start-up and development of a high quality education establishment in the Pearl-Qatar, Doha.
The School will be linked, via the Orbital Education Group, to many schools across the globe, facilitating collaboration on an international scale, wider development possibilities, as well as enhanced opportunities for future International career development.
We are seeking to recruit a highly motivated and experienced Principal, Head Teacher, or Senior School Leader, who will work with the Orbital team on all aspects of the pre-operational stages of development through to full operational leadership from August 2022 onwards. As part of this process, the Executive Principal will have the opportunity to be involved with and lead on the recruitment of the school’s founding staff and therefore able to select and develop their own team.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrable track record of outstanding senior educational leadership, preferably with experience in British style international schools, and in the Gulf Corporation Council (GCC). Experience of school start-up will be a major advantage.
They will be a visionary, strategic leader and a committed team player who demonstrates a collaborative approach to working with others. You should have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and maintain strong and positive relationships with all of the schools’ stakeholders.
Experience / Qualifications
- UK trained and experienced
- Experience of working within the GCC
- An understanding of Islamic and Arab culture
- Experience with start-up schools and an understanding of the challenges involved in such a project
- A proven track record of achievement in senior leadership positions in educational institutions
- Substantial experience of working in a British international school environment outside the UK in a multi-lingual, multi-cultural setting
- Comfortable interacting at a corporate and board level with the ability to lead change and achieve sustained improvements through engagement with key stakeholders
- A passion and a drive for excellence at all levels
- C. £100k tax free, dependent upon experience
- Housing allowance
- Transport allowance
- Annual return economy class flight for individual and dependents
- One-off settling-in allowance
- Free schooling for up to two children
- End of service gratuity in accordance with Qatar labour regulations applicable at the time (approx. 3 weeks pay per year of service)
- Medical insurance with coverage throughout the GCC for self and dependents
Aug 2021 (pref) to Jan 2022 start date.
For safeguarding purposes, a valid police clearance certificate / DBS is required, plus 2 professional references.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not been contacted within 5 working days of submission then please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.