English Subject Lead, Qatar
To QR15429 (£3100 / $4200) per month tax free + management allowance + EXCELLENT expat benefits!
m2r Education are working one of the largest co-ed international schools in the Middle East and requirements within the English National Curriculum part of the school.
Owned by one of the largest natural gas-producing companies in the world, they school was established to cater primarily for the children of its employees and is located approximately 40Km north of Doha.
Over 4,000 students aged between 3 and 18 from 45 countries, are taught across five buildings, by a dedicated and skilled team of 500+ academic staff, and are supported by a team of more than 50 administrative staff.
They are seeking a creative and inspirational English Subject Lead for September 2019.
- Subject leadership experience is required
- BA degree (subject related are preferred) + PGCE / teaching licence OR BEd
- Leadership of the teaching team in matters relating to curriculum, teaching and learning, and assessment
- Managing the performance of the teaching team
- Working closely with the senior leadership team to ensure standards are enhanced and all requirements are implemented within the department
- Day to day operational management of the department
- Leadership of the department in support of annual school improvement plans
- Responsibility for student achievement and the tracking of student progress
- Nationality is open HOWEVER, experience of the English national curriculum in a UK or British international school is essential.
- Ability to join by early Sept 2019
- Please note that due to government requirements we can only consider applicants who are below 50 years old.
- UP TO QR15,429 (£3100 / $4200) tax free per month
- Housing allowance or free accommodation.
- Furniture allowance
- Economy airfare at the beginning and end of the contract for family (up to 4 dependents)
- Annual economy round-trip air fare paid as a flexible cash allowance to point of origin based on peak summer time fares.
- Reimbursement of local medical expenses for family
- Schooling for up to 4 dependents
- Contribution towards excess baggage expenses.
- Free access to excellent leisure clubs, including restaurants, swimming pools, gymnasiums, squash and tennis courts, running track and playing fields.
- End of service benefits.
- High quality Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
- 2yr renewable contract
End Aug / Early Sept 2019 start
We will need 3 references plus a copy of your recent DBS / police clearance to process your application.