Online AP French Tutor - American Online School
£16 / $22 per hour
m2r Education need Online AP French Tutors who have excellent experience to teach students at an online American school.
This course follows the guidelines and procedures specified by the College Board® AP French Language and Culture curriculum. It is designed to enhance students’ knowledge of the French language through the development of reading, writing, listening, speaking, and expanding cultural knowledge.
The course is conducted almost exclusively in French. Students are expected to communicate in French using the three modes of communication (Interpersonal, Interpretive, and Presentational) defined in the Standards for Foreign Language Learning in the 21st Century. These three modes of communication are the foundation of the AP® French Language and Culture course.
Students in the AP French Language and Culture course should be able to make connections, draw comparisons, move fluidly between their native language and the target language (French), and use French in simulations of real-life settings. Assignments are meant to prepare students for, and emulate, the actual AP exam that they are likely to take upon successful completion of this class. The themes for this course are: global challenges, contemporary life, personal and public identities, families and communities, beauty and aesthetics, science and technology, and writing.
The majority of students are in China so bear this in mind re timezones.
You will receive full training on the online teaching platform prior to commencement of lessons.
- Deliver 1-2-1 or small group lessons.
- Plan lessons and provide post lesson feedback.
- Create quizzes and help with exam preparation.
- AP French teaching and exam preparation experience is ESSENTIAL.
- Ideally 5 years full time teaching experience.
- Recognised teaching qualifications.
- Able to teach during the working week at times suitable to those for students in China.
- Robust internet connection.
- Patient, flexible, highly motivated.
- Extremely professional and customer focussed.
- Able to plan lessons and provide post lesson feedback.
- Teachers will need to design the lesson in order to teach in this program.
- Full training will be provided and curriculum overview provided also.
- This will be based on needs, however Tutors are currently receiving up to 100 hours per month.
- You MUST be flexible and able to teach during the working week.
- The majority of students are in China so bear this in mind re timezones.
- $22 / £16 per hour (min 30hrs per booking)
Ongoing start dates.
ALL Tutors MUST be able to provide proof of qualifications, current police check and 2 professional references. We will NOT accept any Tutors without these details.