ESL Instructional Designer - Dammam, Saudi Arabia
16000SAR (c. £3000 / $4200 per month) TAX FREE + usual expat bens
m2r Education are working with this highly prestigious aviation college based in Saudi Arabia. They need an ESL Instructional Designer to join immediately on a full time basis.
Drawing upon over 75 years of pilot training expertise, their pilot training programs provide focused training to aspiring pilots across Saudi Arabia and The Middle East and starts with a foundation year followed by a premier ground school courses with high quality flying instruction delivered in accordance with the Saudi Aviation Authority requirements. They have the resources and expertise to train up to 400 cadet pilots per year.
- Provides faculty with course design support in creating effective and engaging learning environments.
- Assists faculty in the development of course materials for delivery of face-to-face, hybrid, and online courses.
- Developing and editing online learning materials and content such as lesson plans, lesson content, learning objectives and assessment tools
- Assessing learning needs and the audience, and analyze existing instructional materials
- Delegate or oversee the implementation of online learning programs
- Train colleagues, instructors, or students to use online learning programs
- Collaborates, assists, develops and participates in facilitation of professional development workshops and symposia, particularly with regard to course design, online teaching, and technology-enhanced instruction.
- Regular evaluation and continuous learning
- Work with the Educational Technology Specialist & Training Excellence Department to provide training to instructors developing online courses and teaching effectively
- may help troubleshoot technical problems or address user-reported issues
- may interview or observe experts or tasks to learn more about what they are teaching
- Surveys, questionnaires, learning aids and visual materials may be continually developed and administered to make sure learning is effective and that learning transfer takes place
- Regularly attending meetings and industry-related training
- Travel to various sites as needed
- Flexibility in working hours to accommodate evening instructors on an as needed basis
- Lead or contribute to tasks as requested
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required in Instructional Design/Educational Technology, Curriculum & Instruction or other closely related area is required
- Prior field work experience in higher education, online teaching, and online course development
- Excellent technology, written/verbal communication, and analytical skills
- Knowledgeable of learning management systems like Classera and Blackboard
- Familiar with website design, program editing, video technology, Web conferencing and other multimedia.
- Comprehend complex learning theories, assessment and evaluation methods
- Thorough understanding of learning styles is necessary
- Skilled in teaching and interacting with subject matter experts and managers to develop training content
- Native speaker of English (as stipulated by the client)
- Previous Saudi experience is preferred
- SAR16000 (c. £3000 / $4200 per month) TAX FREE
- Usual expat benefits
- 30 days annual leave
Start date - Immediately
For safeguarding purposes, a valid police clearance certificate / DBS is required, plus 2 professional references.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not been contacted within 5 working days of submission then please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.