Functional Skills Cover Tutor - HMP Bure
To £29500 + excellent benefits
Training & Development
m2r Education are working with this training and development company who provide a range of public services, including employment support, skills training, independent living, prison education. In addition, they are recognised as being one of the Top 25 Education and Training providers to work for.
Based on-site at HMP Bure you will deliver Maths and English level 1 and 2 qualifications to prison based learners.
Tutors help to engage and inspire students that have had little or no prior education. They work with Education Managers, Team Leaders and other staff to familiarise themselves with the curriculum and individual schemes of work.
They provide supply cover across a range of functional skill areas and therefore candidates must have knowledge of both Maths and English to be able to provide cover across both classes. The role will involve assessing the learning and skills needs of individual offenders with a view to improving their employability skills along with contributing to the review of individual offender’s progress in meeting their learning and skills needs throughout their sentence.
You should have a passion for what you do along with experience of supporting learning in mixed ability groups.
You should be competent when completing administration tasks relevant to the role. You should have high levels of empathy and an understanding of the needs of the prisoners. As a Cover Tutor you will need to be innovative and prepared to think outside the box in search of new ideas. You will also need to be able to deal with challenging situations whilst remaining calm and in control.
- Level 3 maths & English qualification
- An expert in your field with substantial experience
- Experience of delivering training
- A teaching or assessing qualification is desirable
- Ability to display a wide range of training methods to engage learners
- Excellent organisational, planning and prioritisation skills coupled with the ability to manage own workload.
- Knowledge and understanding of policies and procedures relating to Safeguarding, Equality and Diversity, Health and Safety and Data Protection of all learners.
- Ability to engage with and motivate learners from all backgrounds and respond appropriately to their individual needs.
- Valid DBS.
- To £29500 (maybe slightly higher, depending upon experience etc)
- 25 days annual leave
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Sharesave scheme
- Refer a Friend reward scheme
- Cycle to Work
- Plus more!
For safeguarding purposes, a valid DBS is required, plus 2 professional references.
Due to the high volume of applications, we receive, if you have not been contacted within 5 working days of submission then please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.