Head of Secondary, Lagos, Nigeria
£45k TAX FREE + flights, housing, medical insurance, driver etc
m2r Education require a Head of Secondary for this accredited British international school in Lagos, Nigeria.Sept 2023 Start.
This is an all through 4 to 16 day and boarding school and operates as a not for profit, coeducational, English National Curriculum, independent, day school set on a beautiful ground within the city of Lagos, on the mainland part of Lagos in Nigeria.
You will be an experienced Secondary Teacher with an excellent leadership background within the English national curriculum. Relevant qualifications commensurate with the post are mandatory.
- Leading the teaching and learning with the secondary section of the school
- Having responsibility for all policies and procedures for the secondary curriculum
- Management of all secondary teachers
- Building a strong community spirit within the secondary section
- Ensuring that systems are in place for monitoring and extending pupil progress
- Maintaining positive, cooperative, and mutually supportive relationship with staff, parents, and the community
- An honours degree with an internationally recognised teaching qualification
- Dual nationality of Nigerian/British or a British National with strong British Curriculum Experience
- A minimum of 15 years of outstanding and varied teaching practice and experience in schools providing the British Curriculum
- Successful experience in school, educational and/or curriculum leadership and development
- A strong commitment to gaining further qualifications and/or accreditation in Educational Leadership
- Must have excellent communication skills in spoken and written form
- Experience in developing and/or sustaining high performance teams
- Annual tax free Salary of £45,000.00
- An official car with a driver
- An official accommodation
- Gym Membership
- Local & International Medical health cover
- Annual Flight Ticket
- School Meals
Start date September 2023.
For safeguarding purposes, a valid police clearance certificate / DBS is required, plus 2 professional references.
Due to the high volume of applications, we receive, if you have not been contacted within 5 working days of submission then please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.