Headteacher, Lagos, Nigeria
FROM £55k to £70k tax free + free housing, flights etc
m2r Education require a Headteacher for this accredited British international school in Lagos, Nigeria. Sept '19 start.
This is an all through 4 to 16 day and boarding school and operates as a not for profit, coeducational, English National Curriculum, independent, day school set on a beautiful grounds within the city of Lagos, on the mainland part of Lagos in Nigeria.
You will be an experienced Headteacher with an excellent leadership background within the English national curriculum. Relevant qualifications commensurate with the post are mandatory. The role is open to those who have ideally worked in an international setting and whose first language is English.
- Delivering the School’s Vision, Mission and Core Values
- Implementing the School Development Plan
- Building a strong community spirit within the school
- Strategic development of the school, including identifying future resource requirements to maximise the school’s development
- Ensuring that systems for allocating, controlling and accounting of finances and resources (Standard Operating Procedures) are in place and adhered to
- Implementing systems for updating policies, processes and procedures.
- Determining, organising and implementing the English National Curriculum for the school, having regard for the needs, experience, interests, aptitudes and stage of development of the pupils and resources available to the school
- Ensuring that systems are in place for monitoring and extending pupil progress across the school
- Ensuring the provision and continued development of a dynamic extracurricular activity program with wide access
- Supervising the instructional programs of the school and its boarding facilities, evaluating lesson plans and observing classes (teaching, as duties allow) on a regular basis to encourage the use of a variety of instructional strategies and materials consistent with research on learning and child growth and development
- Keeping the staff informed and seeking ideas for the improvement of the school.
- Participating with the Governing Council and the Board of Director in the recruitment of international teachers
- Maintaining positive, cooperative and mutually supportive relationship with staff, parents and the community
- Tax free salary from £55k to £70k (dependent upon experience)
- Local allowance
- Fully furnished 3 bedroom apartment
- An official car with a driver
- House keeper
- International and local medical health cover
- Flight Tickets
- Shipping allowance
Start date Sept 2019
A current DBS and 2 references are required.