Sessional Skills Tutor - Newcastle
£15 - £24 /hr
Training & Development
m2r Education are working with this training and development company who provide a range of public services, including employment support, skills training, independent living, prison education. In addition, they are recognised as being one of the Top 25 Education and Training providers to work for.
They need a Sessional Skills Tutor who can work within Newcastle.
Skills training ranges in specialism from Customer Service, to Construction & Engineering and Security along with many others. Therefore you have a passion for what you do along with relevant and recent experience in delivering Employability Skills training within your area of specialism. We welcome applications from a wide range of specialist areas, for example Customer Service, Construction (CSCS), Engineering & Manufacturing Technologies (including LEAN), CCTV & Security, and encourage any other non-listed specialisms.
- To deliver innovative, engaging and motivational learning sessions to learners, which will develop their skills, knowledge and behaviours and support them with their longer term goals and career aspirations.
- 9am - 5pm, 5 days per week (Actual teaching time will be c. 9.30am - 3pm)
- All pathway material provided
- Courses tend to be between 1 week to 16 days.
- Level 3 teaching qualification in your chosen sector along with industry experience.
- Level 2 functional skills
- IAG qualfied is preferred
- Able to display a wide range of teaching methods to engage learners from all ages, abilities and backgrounds, including learners with significant barriers to employment and training.
- Experience of working with learners with various complex learner needs.
- Experience of working with unemployed learners with various barriers to employment.
- Valid DBS.
- £15 - £24 per hour
- Opportunity for long term assignments
- Transition to a full time appointment available after a qualifying period
For safeguarding purposes, a valid DBS is required, plus 2 professional references.
Due to the high volume of applications, we receive, if you have not been contacted within 5 working days of submission then please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.