Primary Teacher, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
£20k per annum incl housing allowance, flights, medical insurance, discounted school fees etc.
m2r Education are working with an established network of international schools with around 226,000 full time students in 9 countries. Currently the schools are present in the UK, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, the Philippines, Oman, the UAE, Pakistan and Bangladesh.
As well as providing a world class education, the schools place heavy emphasis on teacher training through links with universities.
The current requirement is for Primary Teachers for their international schools in Malaysia, it’s branches being in Kuala Lumpur are are British International schools.
Current positions are full time, 2-year renewable contracts.
The schools use the Cambridge International curriculum at Primary, Secondary and IGCSE Levels, with a wide range of subjects offered. Working hours: 7:40am – 4:40pm with 30-32 teaching hours per week. Teaching hours: 8:15am – 3:30pm.
- BA, ideally related, from an accredited and recognised institution
- PGCE or equivalent teaching qualification
- 2 years relevant teaching experience (EYFS, Primary)
- Age 27 – 60 due to visa process
- British curriculum experience is essential
- UK preferred
- Competitive salary (c. £20k total package)
- Housing, fuel and telephone allowance
- Annual return flights
- School holidays + 18 days public holidays
- Tuition fees (1st child free, 2nd child 50% discount, 3rd child 25% discount)
- Medical insurance, excluding dental cover
- 2 year renewable contract
- End of contract bonus (2 months salary)
Notes on package:
- Tuition fees for children as young as three
- KL is about 60% cheaper than the UK, please bear this in mind when considering the package!
- Taxes: for the first 182 days the tax rate is 26% and after that, the rate is 8-13% but teachers can get a rebate from the first 182 days
Interviews on Skype.
Please note all employment offers will be subject to 2 professional references and a current DBS check / police clearance
Start date: August 2018