Director of Studies, Summer School - Newham, London
£550 per week
English Language Schools
m2r Education are proud to be working with this British Council accredited provider for teaching English. They need a Director of Studies to join them in July.
Start Date 3rd July - contracted for 4 weeks.
- To understand how the Choices International language programme works and to ensure that all teaching, processes and paperwork meet British Council standards at the time.
- To lead a team on EFL teachers and to provide the necessary guidance and support to ensure they are teaching to an acceptably high level.
- To create and maintain a positive atmosphere amongst EFL staff and language students within the EFL programme.
- To teach full time, leading English Language programme classes
- To lead weekly soccer seminars created by Choices International, in conjunction with West Ham United Foundation International Academy staff
- To ensure that accurate daily registers are taken for all of the students in their classes and to make sure all students and teachers are strictly following the class timetable.
- To observe and appraise all teachers and provide constructive feedback
- To monitor teachers' lesson plans and lesson records, ensuring lesson plans show variety, a good pace and are challenging for the students
- To assess the standard of all language students and to place them into classes according to their ability.
- To take responsibility for the safety, welfare and behaviour, including discipline, of all students during the English programme time.
- To support the Centre Manager in dealing with any queries or problems that staff or students may have about the teaching of EFL in a calm and efficient manner.
- To ensure that student folders are up-to-date, work is marked and mistakes have been corrected
- To ensure that classroom displays are clear, vibrant, illustrative and representative of the students' work.
- To ensure written reports are being completed for each language student at the end of each week and to carry out an end of the week presentation of certificates and awards.
- To run twice weekly EFL staff meetings
- To provide elocution guidance to activity leaders in order to link English Language learning taking place inside of classrooms with activity programmes.
- First degree or equivalent
- DELTA, Trinity Diploma in TESOL or equivalent
- Previous Dos/ADoS experience with this age group; able to lead and motivate a team of staff
- Strong leadership skills, be able to manage, develop and motivate and able to set high standards
- Highly organised with excellent time management skills
- Flexible and adaptable approach to working hours
- Independent and able to problem solve
- Able to deal well with pressure
- UK Right to work
The teaching hours will consist from 15 to 28 hours per week depending on the session, notwithstanding the working day at Summer Camps will vary depending on the schedule of activities on a daily basis.
- £550 per week
3rd July Start!
For safeguarding purposes, a valid police clearance certificate / DBS is required, plus 2 professional references.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not been contacted within 5 working days of submission then please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.
Contact us for more details.