Head of English (To KS3 with Drama), Nairobi, Kenya
FROM £2100 - £3300/mth (DOE) + housing allowance, flights, visa, medical
m2r Education are working with this inclusive, COBIS accredited school in Nairobi, Kenya. They need a Head of English to join for the new academic year. This role is not only managing the academic staff but also teaching KS3 English with Drama.
The school has a very long history in Kenya, offering the English national curriculum to local and international students. They cater to students from 18 months to 18 years, offering a fully equipped day school as well as boarding facilities. Total number of students currently sits in excess of 600.
- Manage all academic staff with the English department from Yr2 - Yr8
- Ensure effective learning for all students through excellent teaching and delivery of well-planned and organised lessons.
- Set and mark challenging class and homework according to school policy.
- Support the development of teaching materials and courses of study.
- Liaise with parents and support staff to ensure excellent attainment.
- Manage the behaviour of students in classrooms and around the school.
- Contributing to the maintenance of a supportive and stimulating learning environment for all students
- Be responsible for ensuring subject knowledge is developed and participate in staff training and development.
- Attend team/staff meetings and participate in open evenings.
- Support all academic staff in their subject area to engage in planning, preparation, recording, assessment and reporting to meet the needs of all pupils.
- Support staff to create a productive learning environment, which is engaging and stimulating for all pupils.
- Assist in the collation of all examination results in subject area and submit to the Head of Senior and Junior School.
- Ensure consistency of Programmes of Study in subject area.
- Develop, review and evaluate lesson plans and ensuring their timely submission and alignment with the school planning system
- Line manage team, including setting and evaluating performance targets.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with parents.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Degree in relevant teaching subject
- UK teaching experience and UK qualifications (ideally)
- 3yrs experience of teaching English national curriculum
- Departmental leadership experience
NB: Cost of living in Nairobi is considerably cheaper than the UK! Click HERE for more info.
- Basic salary from £2100 - £3300 per month, dependent upon experience
- Baggage allowance
- One off settling in allowance of £2700
- Transportation to and from school
- Support in finding a house
- Return flights at start and end of contract for up to 3 dependents
- Contributory pension scheme
- Medical insurance (incl 6 weeks overseas cover
August 2020 Start
For safeguarding purposes, a valid police clearance certificate / DBS is required, plus 2 professional references.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not been contacted within 5 working days of submission then please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.