Residential Summer School Teacher - Kent
£425 per week + accommodation
English Language Schools
m2r Education are proud to be working with this Cultural Institute who need Residential Summer School Teachers and Activity Leaders to join them in July.
This Institute has over 30 years' experience in providing high quality English courses. From the moment young learners arrive, staff work hard to ensure that they are active, learning effectively and having the educational experience of a lifetime.
Location and dates:
Cobham, Kent - 4 weeks from 2nd July to 30th July
Sidcup, Kent - 4 weeks from 2nd July to 30th July
- Attend a teacher training and induction session prior to the course (online)
- Arrive a day before the start date to attend a pre-course meeting and help set up the centre
- Teach 15-21 hours of English lessons on five days a week
- Follow the framework syllabus with the focus on language skills in the morning lessons and interactive language use in the afternoon and evening activities and excursions
- Use recommended resource materials and respect all copyright requirements
- Ensure that feedback is provided to students
- Complete academic records as required by the DoS / Senior Teacher (class records of attendance, student reports and progres check results)
- Co-operate with the DoS / Senior Teacher and on occasions with third party agents, colleagues from language agencies, and accrediting Inspectors in the observation and evaluation of lessons
- Assist with the welcome, induction and testing of students on the first morning
- Attend staff meetings for briefing and discussion of academic and welfare matters
Activities / Residential
- Encourage full and enthusiastic involvement by students in the scheduled social programme, taking part in activities as scheduled
- Participate fully in scheduled activities and excursions, attend staff meetings for briefing and discussion of social program and welfare matters
- Bring in new and fresh ideas and implement these into the Activity Programme
- Co-operate with the Activity Manager, and also on occasions with agents and accreditation inspections, in the observation and evaluation of activities
- Assist with arrivals and departures of students, checking bedrooms and facilities, escorting students on airport transfers as and when required
- Supervise the 'going to bed' and 'getting up' routines, afternoon breaks, meal times, and homework supervision on a rotation basis
- Have an overriding responsibility for the students' welfare and safety at all times during the course including times outside the normal duty schedule
- A bachelor's degree
- Recognised ESL qualification
- DBS Certification
- Completion of level 1 safeguarding course and prevent course (arranged by the client)
- Willing to work 6 days a week, including participation in leisure activities as scheduled
- UK Right to work
£425 per week + accommodation
July 2023 Start!
For safeguarding purposes, a valid police clearance certificate / DBS is required, plus 2 professional references.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not been contacted within 5 working days of submission then please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.
Contact us for more details.