EFL Teacher, Summer School - Hertford
UP TO £640 per week depending on experience
English Language Schools
m2r Education are proud to be working with this International Summer School who need residential EFL Teachers to join them in July.
The programme has an academic focus and it is aimed at international students aged 11-17 with varying levels of English. The different courses include an impressive range of activities and some exciting excursions to top-end destinations.
You will ensure all academic administration is completed to a high standard. The majority of learners will take Trinity GCSE exams and you will assist with preparation for exams.
The nature of a 24 hour a day, 7 days a week residential summer school requires staff to work flexibly. The work is intense, days are long and whether on or off duty, staff are expected to put the needs of a pupil and the reputation of the school first. However, it is extremely rewarding and enables staff to develop their knowledge and skills in a vibrant, energetic workplace. You will work a 6-day week and be asked to sign a 48-hour waiver.
They need English Language Teachers starting in July for 4 weeks or 6 weeks.
- Support the Director of Studies in the running of the academic department
- Support pupils with Trinity exam preparation
- Ensure that all lessons are appropriately planned following summer school guidelines, and that resources are used effectively and efficiently
- Liase with colleagues to make sure that excursions are prepared for/exploited in class
- Complete academic administration efficiently and in a timely manner
- Ensure that course reports, certificates and can-do statements are completed professionally and in a timely manner
- Find innovative ways to showcase learning outcomes
- Participate in and contribute to the INSETT and CPD programme
- Undertake pastoral duties as required
- Assist with activities and excursions as required
- A bachelor's degree
- A Cambridge CELTA or Trinity Cert TESOL
- At least one year of EFL teaching experience
- Experience of preparing students for IELTS and/or Trinity exams is desirable
- Experience in teaching teenagers
- High level of computer literacy
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- UK Right to work
- £534 to £640 per week depending on experience
- 5% Employer Contribution Pension
- Free Meals
July 2023 Start!
For safeguarding purposes, a valid police clearance certificate / DBS is required, plus 2 professional references.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not been contacted within 5 working days of submission then please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.
Contact us for more details.