Neurodiversity and Reading Specialist - HMP The Mount
Competitive salary + excellent benefits
Training & Development
m2r Education are working with this training and development company who provide a range of public services, including employment support, skills training, independent living, prison education. In addition, they are recognised as being one of the Top 25 Education and Training providers to work for.
As a Neurodiversity and Reading Specialist, you will work collaboratively with the Prison Education team, providing support to learners with neurodiverse and inclusion needs.
Based from HMP The Mount you will manage a caseload of learners, carry out initial screening activity and develop Individual Learning Support plans. You will promote an effective and inclusive learning environment, providing support to learners both in a classroom or workshop environment and on a one to one basis.
- Level 2 English and Maths or equivalent
- Level 3 qualification for Inclusion Support Coordinators or willingness to work towards
- An expert in your field with substantial experience
- Knowledge of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities and SEND Code of Practice
- Excellent organisational, planning and prioritisation skills coupled with the ability to manage own workload.
- Knowledge and understanding of policies and procedures relating to Safeguarding, Equality and Diversity, Health and Safety and Data Protection of all learners.
- Valid DBS.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Sharesave scheme
- Refer a Friend reward scheme
- Cycle to Work
- Plus more!
For safeguarding purposes, a valid DBS is required, plus 2 professional references.
Due to the high volume of applications, we receive, if you have not been contacted within 5 working days of submission then please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.