English Language Summer School Teacher, Hatfield (SD 2nd July)
FROM £450/wk Residential and FROM £615/wk Non Residential
English Language Schools
m2r Education are proud to be working with this British Council accredited provider of residential junior summer courses for groups of students aged 10 -17.
They operate junior summer schools for international students aged 10-17 in 7 locations across the UK. The schools are based on university or further education college campuses, all with good quality residential accommodation, teaching and leisure facilities on-site. Summer courses offer a balanced mix between learning in the classroom and learning during activities and on excursions.
They need English Language Teachers to teach classes of international students from 2nd July to 28th July, on a full board residential (single en suite room) or non residential basis. This role is a combination of teaching am and taking the students out on excursions, into London in the afternoons and evenings.
- Teachers are responsible for teaching junior students on our short summer courses which, lead to the Trinity College London Graded Examinations in Spoken English (GESE).
- You will teach in the morning and then take students on excursions into London in the afternoon and evenings.
- All teachers receive an on-site induction with the Director of Studies which includes Trinity exam preparation.
- The syllabus and a range of materials are available in each centre.
- Attend on-site induction prior to the students’ arrival
- Read the teachers’ manual, CPD manual, employee handbook and any other pre-course information thoroughly
- Test and induct new students including assisting the DOS with the marking of tests
- Assist with general academic administration and record maintenance, including completing registers promptly at the beginning of lessons and completing all academic paperwork in a timely manner
- Write academic end-of-course reports and certificates/awards for all students
- Ensure adequate preparation for all teaching and activity sessions
- Keep all classrooms neat and tidy (rooms are sometimes used in the evenings for activities) and ensure all equipment and resources are returned to the teacher’s room
- Attend all staff meetings
- Effectively follow the in-house International syllabus and teach a programme of lessons appropriate to a summer school environment
- Deliver effective, communicative and student-centred lessons
- Deliver Enterprise English workshops if required • If applicable, prepare students for entry to the Trinity exam, ensuring full familiarisation with the exam content
- Maintain proper levels of student discipline, and report any unwanted behaviour immediately to the DOS
- Ensure that students are studying at the correct level and report any class changes necessary to the DOS
- Enthusiastically support the activities programme in and out of class
- Be involved with activities and excursions as necessary
- Contribute to the smooth running of the centre
- CELTA/Trinity TESOL (A PGCE with QTS in either MFL, or English may also be considered)
- Enhanced DBS on update service (if you do not have this, one will be applied for on your behalf)
- Have undertaken a safeguarding course in the past 12 months (we can provide further details if you need to do this)
- Right to Work in the UK
- Experience of teaching classes with up to 15 students
- Genuine interest in working with young people
- Ability to cope with long working hours
- Ability to work in multiple buildings in potentially widespread campus
- Extremely professional and customer focussed
- Able to plan lessons and provide post lesson feedback
- Experience teaching in summer schools is preferred although not essential
- FROM £465/wk Residential and FROM £615/wk Non Residential
2nd July 2023 Start
For safeguarding purposes, a valid police clearance certificate / DBS is required, plus 2 professional references.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not been contacted within 5 working days of submission then please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.
Contact us for more details.