Secondary Economics Teacher , Munich and Cologne
From €35,000 to €54,000 gross per annum + relocation assistance of €1500
m2r Education are working with this COBIS accredited British international school in Munich/Cologne. They need a Secondary Economics Teacher for an August start
Opened in 2013, pupils come from over 30 different nationalities and they offer a very diverse and rewarding teaching experience. The language of tuition is English and all pupils receive German language tuition. With a maximum of 20 pupils per class, ESL support, SEN support and a collaborative approach the schools offers all staff the opportunity to reach their full potential.
With excellent facilities and transport links, the current size is 450 pupils and 70 teachers with the potential to reach 800 pupils as the school continues to grow.
Minimum criteria to apply:
- Subject related degree + PGCE OR BEd and 3yrs post qualifcation teaching experience up to KS3 and IGCSE. IB expeience is preferred, although not required.
- Experience of teaching in a British school using the English national curriculum
- Experience from an international school is an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of subject content and pedagogy
- High expectations and aspirations for all children
- The ability to use digital applications to enhance teaching and learning
- Committed to the overall development of young people
- UK / EU nationals preferred
- 2 year contract (renewable)
- Salary, dependent upon experience, from €35,000 to €54,000 gross per annum. Tax and other deductions vary depending on your personal situation.
- Relocation allowance of €1500
- Accommodation is not provided, given the huge range of options they will provide guidance and support before you arrive
- Social security contributions include health, pension, unemployment and disability insurance. These are deducted directly from your salary, and are supplemented by a contribution from the school as your employer.
- Paid leave in accordance with academic calendar (they operate a British school calendar)
Aug 22 start.
For safeguarding purposes, a valid police clearance certificate / DBS is required, plus 2 professional references.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not been contacted within 5 working days of submission then please consider your application to have been unsuccessful