Fashion Design Instructor
Vacancy Category: Teaching
• The appointment is for an initial period of one year with the possibility of extension
• Attractive salary + 15% of basic salary as undefined benefits + 10% end of year service (paid annually) + 25% housing allowance for males OR accommodation for single females
• Health insurance
• 30 days annual vacation (tickets included)
• Air ticket from home country & return ticket upon completion of contract
• Subsidized educational development opportunities towards a part-time Master's or Ph.D.
The Fashion Design Instructor will be responsible for developing curriculum and teaching students various concepts of fashion design including textiles, coloring, garment design and production, and specific garment production techniques such as woven, knitted, or print. Activities and operations include participating in the development of fashion curricula, coordinating with other fashion design teachers and curriculum developers to integrate curricula, monitoring student progress, and teaching classes with up to 25 trainees for up to 25 hours per week.
Essential Job Functions
• Teach up to 25 hours of in class instruction per week.
• Maintain positive rapport with all students and create a positive learning environment to adequately communicate lessons.
• Enforce the student management and disciplinary policies of the Institute.
• Perform clerical duties, as required, relating to textbooks, instructional supplies, student reports and records, attendance reports, etc.
• Participate in fashion curriculum development and planning with other Fashion Teachers and Curriculum Developers.
• Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in a relevant fashion or design related subject is required. Master’s degree preferred.
• 3-5 years as minimum experience teaching in post-secondary, technical and vocational sector required.
• 2-3 years of relevant work experience in the fashion design industry in a public or private company.
• Prior teaching experience in Saudi Arabia or the GCC is preferred.
• Possess a strong knowledge of IT and teaching techniques.
• Non-native English speakers should present IELTS 6.5 Academic for contract confirmation.
• Highly organized and dependable.
• Excellent computer aptitude and experience with basic teaching technology including interactive whiteboards, projectors, the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.), and trainee information systems.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both in written and oral form in English
• Strong collaborative skills, high energy, excellent follow-up skills, and highly effective relationship building skills are required.
• Proven ability to work in a culturally diverse context.
• Ability to speak Arabic a plus